[Exo 19:1] In the third month after the sons of Israel had gone out of the land of Egypt, on that very day they came into the wilderness of Sinai.
[Exo 19:2] When they set out from Rephidim (Resting Places), they came to the wilderness of Sinai and camped in the wilderness; and there Israel camped in front of the mountain.
[Exo 19:3] Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain, saying, "Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob and tell the sons of Israel:
[Exo 19:4] 'You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and [how] I bore you on eagles' wings, and brought you to Myself.
- Rev 12:14 - But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
[Exo 19:5] 'Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine;
- Ezekiel 16:59 For thus says the Lord God, “I will also do with you as you have done, you who have despised the oath by breaking the covenant.
- Isaiah 24:5 The earth is also polluted by its inhabitants, for they transgressed laws, violated statutes, broke the everlasting covenant.
- 1 Kings 11:11 So the Lord said to Solomon, “Because you have done this, and you have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom from you, and will give it to your servant.
- Psalm 78:10 They did not keep the covenant of God And refused to walk in His law;
[Exo 19:6] and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel."
- Rev 1:6 - and He has made us [to be] a kingdom, priests to His God and Father--to Him [be] the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
[Exo 19:7] So Moses came and called the elders of the people, and set before them all these words which the LORD had commanded him.
[Exo 19:8] All the people answered together and said, "All that the LORD has spoken we will do!" And Moses brought back the words of the people to the LORD.
[Exo 19:9] The LORD said to Moses, "Behold, I will come to you in a thick cloud, so that the people may hear when I speak with you and may also believe in you forever." Then Moses told the words of the people to the LORD.
- Rev 1:7 - BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
[Exo 19:10] The LORD also said to Moses, "Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their garments;
- Rev 22:14 - Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.
- Rev 3:4 - 'But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.
- Rev 3:5 - 'He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
- Rev 3:18 - I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and [that] the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.
- Rev 4:4 - Around the throne [were] twenty-four thrones; and upon the thrones [I saw] twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white garments, and golden crowns on their heads.
[Exo 19:11] and let them be ready for the third day, for on the third day the LORD will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people.
[Exo 19:12] "You shall set bounds for the people all around, saying, 'Beware that you do not go up on the mountain or touch the border of it; whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death.
[Exo 19:13] 'No hand shall touch him, but he shall surely be stoned or shot through; whether beast or man, he shall not live.' When the ram's horn sounds a long blast, they shall come up to the mountain." (Trumpet blasts: Revelation 8-11)
- Rev 4:1 - After these things I looked, and behold, a door [standing] open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like [the sound] of a trumpet speaking with me, said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things."
- Rev 4:5 - Out from the throne come flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder. And [there were] seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God;
[Exo 19:14] So Moses went down from the mountain to the people and consecrated the people, and they washed their garments.
[Exo 19:15] He said to the people, "Be ready for the third day; do not go near a woman."
- Rev 14:4 - These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they have kept themselves chaste (παρθένος: a man who has abstained from all uncleanness and whoredom attendant on idolatry, and so has kept his chastity). These [are] the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb.
[Exo 19:16] So it came about on the third day, when it was morning, that there were thunder and lightning flashes and a thick cloud upon the mountain and a very loud trumpet sound, so that all the people who [were] in the camp trembled.
- Gen 1:13-14 There was evening and there was morning, a third day. Then God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years;
[Exo 19:17] And Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain.
[Exo 19:18] Now Mount Sinai [was] all in smoke because the LORD descended upon it in fire; and its smoke ascended like the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mountain quaked violently.
[Exo 19:19] When the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke and God answered him with thunder.
- Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
- Rev 16:18 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
- Rev 10:4-5 and he cried out with a loud voice, as when a lion roars; and when he had cried out, the seven peals of thunder uttered their voices. When the seven peals of thunder had spoken, I was about to write; and I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up the things which the seven peals of thunder have spoken and do not write them.”
[Exo 19:20] The LORD came down on Mount Sinai, to the top of the mountain; and the LORD called Moses to the top of the mountain, and Moses went up.
- Rev 14:1 And I saw the Lamb on the mountain of Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand, marked on their brows with his name and the name of his Father.
- Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
[Exo 19:21] Then the LORD spoke to Moses, "Go down, warn the people, so that they do not break through to the LORD to gaze, and many of them perish.
[Exo 19:22] "Also let the priests who come near to the LORD consecrate themselves, or else the LORD will break out against them."
[Exo 19:23] Moses said to the LORD, "The people cannot come up to Mount Sinai, for You warned us, saying, 'Set bounds about the mountain and consecrate it.'"
[Exo 19:24] Then the LORD said to him, "Go down and come up [again,] you and Aaron with you; but do not let the priests and the people break through to come up to the LORD, or He will break forth upon them."
[Exo 19:25] So Moses went down to the people and told them.