[Heb 10:26-27] For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.
[Heb 10:28] Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on [the testimony of] two or three witnesses.
[Heb 10:29] How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?
- trampled underfoot the Son of God
- regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant
- and has insulted the Spirit of grace
[Heb 10:30] For we know Him who said, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY." And again, "THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE."
[Heb 10:31] It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
- Sinners in the hands of an angry God. July 8, 1741 in Enfield, Connecticut.
- [Heb 2:2-3] 2 For if the word spoken through angels proved unalterable, and every transgression and disobedience received a just penalty, 3 how will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? After it was at the first spoken through the Lord, it was confirmed to us by those who heard,
[Heb 10:32-33] But remember the former days, when, after being enlightened, you endured a great conflict of sufferings, partly by being made a public spectacle through reproaches and tribulations, and partly by becoming sharers with those who were so treated.
- [Rev 2:5] 5 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place--unless you repent.
[Heb 10:34] For you showed sympathy to the prisoners and accepted joyfully the seizure of your property, knowing that you have for yourselves a better possession and a lasting one.
[Heb 10:35] Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
- [Jhn 6:68 NASB] 68 Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life.
[Heb 10:36] For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
- We need patience
- We need confidence
- [1Co 10:13 NASB] 13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
- [2Ti 2:12 NASB] 12 If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us;
- [2Ti 4:3 NASB] 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but [wanting] to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
[Heb 10:37-38] FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE, HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY. BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.
- Hab 2:3-4
[Heb 10:39] But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.
[1Co 11:24-26 NASB] 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me." 25 In the same way [He took] the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink [it,] in remembrance of Me." 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until He comes.