As we continue in our study of the book of Hebrews, we find that Jesus Christ is better than the angels. The Bible confirms from multiple sources that Jesus Christ is God the Son and He is exalted above the angels.
- Greater in Relationship
[Heb 1:4-5] having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For to which of the angels did He ever say: (Psalm 2:7) "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You"? And again: (2 Samuel 7:14) "I will be to Him a Father, And He shall be to Me a Son"?
- [Col 2:18] Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in [false] humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
- Greater in inheritance
[Heb 1:6] But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: (Deuteronomy 32:43 (Septuagint, Dead Sea Scrolls); Psalm 97:7) "Let all the angels of God worship Him."
[Heb 1:7] And of the angels He says: "Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire."
- Greater in Authority
[Heb 1:8-9] But to the Son [He says]: "Your throne, O God, [is] forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness [is] the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions." Psalm 45:6, 7
- Greater in Identity
[Heb 1:10] And: "You, LORD (YWVH), in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. Psalm 102 Lord = YWVH
- [Jhn 14:6-7] Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him." Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
- [Col 1:15-17] He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
- Greater in Eternity
[Heb 1:11-12] They will perish, but You remain; And they will all grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will fold them up, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not fail."
- [Heb 13:8] Jesus Christ [is] the same yesterday, today, and forever.
- Greater in Accomplishment
[Heb 1:13-14] But to which of the angels has He ever said: "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool"? Are they not all ministering (λειτουργικός: employed in public ministry) spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?
- Greater in Ministry: He is the one who sends the Angels
- [Mat 18:10] Jesus said: "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
- [Psa 91:11] For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.
- [Psa 34:7] The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them.
- In Acts 12:12-15, after Peter had been escorted out of prison by an
Peter, Paul, John and Jesus declare Jesus is God. In Hebrews, God says Jesus is God. Who do you say that He is?
[Luk 9:18-20 NKJV] And it happened, as He was alone praying, [that] His disciples joined Him, and He asked them, saying, "Who do the crowds say that I am?" So they answered and said, "John the Baptist, but some [say] Elijah; and others [say] that one of the old prophets has risen again." He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered and said, "The Christ of God."