An introduction to Exodus, chapters 1 through 4.
In Hebrew the book's title is שְׁמוֹת, shemōt, "Names", from the beginning words of the text: "These are the names of the sons of Israel"
The meanings of the names tell a story:
- Reuben: behold a son
- Simeon: God had heard
- Levi: joined to (Greek: peace)
- Judah: praised, thanksgiving
- Issachar: there is recompense (make amends )
- Zebulun: exalted, a gift, a sacrifice
- Benjamin: son of my right hand
- Dan: a judge, judgment
- Gad: How fortunate
- Asher: happy, blessing
- Joseph: blessings He will add.
Related to Revelation
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.