Heb 10:19 NASB - Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,
- Because there is forgiveness of sin, we can enter the holy place.
- Privilege of access
Heb 10:20 NASB - by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
- We don’t enter the holy place by any other means than through the blood and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.
Heb 10:21 NASB - and since [we have] a great priest over the house of God,
- We now have both the opportunity and the means to enter
Heb 10:22 NASB - let us draw near (προσέρχομαι: approach) with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled [clean] from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
- UCLA 1929
- James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
- Sincere heart
- full assurance of faith
- clean hearts
- No more evil conscience
- [Exo 24:8 NASB] So Moses took the blood and sprinkled [it] on the people, and said, "Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD has made with you in accordance with all these words."
Heb 10:23 NASB - Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;
- Hold fast our confession
- Don’t waver
- Jesus is faithful
Heb 10:24 NASB - and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
- [Jhn 13:34 NASB] "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
- [Jhn 15:12 NASB] "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.
- [Jhn 15:17 NASB] "This I command you, that you love one another.
- [1Jo 3:11 NASB] For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another;
- [1Jo 3:23 NASB] This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.
- [1Jo 4:12 NASB] No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.
Heb 10:25 NASB - not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging [one another;] and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
- [2Th 2:1-2 NASB] Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.